Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Boredom buster - 40


Two suggestions today, both ways to reflect on life ...


Here's the text of Psalm 61 again. Why not sit with it - read it through a couple or three times, and see which word or phrase 'jumps out' at you.
Then read that word or phrase, slowly, a few times.
What about it made it stand out for you? Were you expecting it to? Does it tell you anything new - about this psalm, or about yourself?


1    Hear my crying, O God, 

and listen to my prayer.

2    From the end of the earth I call to you with fainting heart; 

O set me on the rock that is higher than I.

3    For you are my refuge, 

a strong tower against the enemy.

4    Let me dwell in your tent for ever 

and take refuge under the cover of your wings.

5    For you, O God, will hear my vows; 

you will grant the request of those who fear your name.

6    You will add length of days to the life of the king, 

that his years may endure throughout all generations.

7    May he sit enthroned before God for ever; 

may steadfast love and truth watch over him.

8    So will I always sing praise to your name, 

and day by day fulfil my vows.




Perhaps instead, or as well, take almost an opposite approach....  

Find somewhere (at least relatively) still and quiet, with a blank sheet of paper and something to write with.

Clear your mind, then just write or draw. Don't worry about what it is you're producing, just write/draw - for a set time (say, two minutes) or until you 'run dry'.

Then, take a look back at what's on the paper.
Reflect on what (and why) you produced, and also how you feel now - and how you felt while writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment