Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Pentateuch - Genesis


Five days until the next Saints day, which sounds like the perfect gap for looking at the Pentateuch - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.

Genesis today.

'The origin/source/beginning'

The Book of Genesis starts, 'In the beginning...'

How about using that as a prompt to reflect on where your faith began?
…What is your first memory of your relationship with God? Who helped you on the way, right at the start of your faith journey? How has your faith developed, from that beginning?



A prayer you might like to use at the beginning of each day:

May today there be peace within.
May I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me
May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
May this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

- Adapted from prayers of St. Therèse of Lisieux and St. Theresa of Avila


♫  A different Genesis as a music suggestion...     Genesis - Land of confusion



No comments:

Post a Comment