Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Photo of the day - 6



Time for one of my much-beloved 'tenuous links of the day' from when I ran a weekly Sunday school. A doctor's kit? Who does it belong to? ...Doctor Who?

As the Church remembers Thomas Cranmer today (and therefore inevitably The Book of Common Prayer too), Doctor Who came to mind because of 'The Time Lord Collect'.

One of the Collects (prayers) needs to be read carefully or it sounds like we are like Dr Who, with two hearts (click here if that means nothing to you!). 

It reads:

O God, from whom all holy desires, all good counsels, and all just works do proceed: Give unto thy servants that peace which the world cannot give; that both our hearts may be set to obey thy commandments, and also that by thee we being defended from the fear of our enemies may pass our time in rest and quietness; through the merits of Jesus Christ our Saviour. Amen.


I've been wondering... how often does the way I receive/react to things match what was actually meant - especially when it's via text message/email/etc!
...and do I remember often enough that what I say won't always be heard/received in exactly the way I meant it?


(Also, whilst this post was slightly flippant, all the doctors, nurses, carers and other healthcare workers are very much in my prayers at the moment.)


[Photo shows a child's toy doctor kit]

No comments:

Post a Comment