Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Boredom buster - 3


Social distancing, and looming self-isolation, have made me rethink what I take for granted. I've just sat down with a cup of tea and taken time to really appreciate the amazing thing that tea is. Not to have it alongside or as an accompaniment, but to just enjoy and appreciate. 
Why not do similar? :)



Yes, the tea is very pale...don't worry, it's meant to be. It's white jasmine tea. One of my favourites, always saved for when I have time to sit down and properly relax with it.

I was also reminded of the wonderful luxuries of having a sofa to sit on while I drink, being able to afford to boil the kettle, having somebody here to make a second cup for, and the comforting (and lively) company of our border collie puppy. As I drank my tea I remembered in prayer everyone who is finding themselves in lonely, fearful, unsafe or dark places at the moment. 


[Photo shows a teapot with two tea bowls full of white jasmine tea]

No comments:

Post a Comment