Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Photo of the day - 17


Robot light switches; plants with eyes; eyes on the front door; names for plants (and teapots - they'll come later!) Our house is full of friends, and friendly fun.

Anthropomorphism - giving human attributes and emotions to other things (alive - like animals or plants, or dead - like that light switch) is a natural part of being human. There's a reason why things like this happen (and not just in our house!); that same reason is why it's easy to see a face in the clouds, or in the embers of a fire, or 'the man in the moon'. 

It's partly because relationships are important. Relationships with others, and with things too. Taking this photo just as I said goodnight to the children started me wondering... what around me is just 'stuff' - some that I need, and some things that I really don't - and what things in this house mean more than that to me? What things truly matter to me, that bring joy and peace to my life and enhance my relationships, with myself and with other people?


[Photo shows a purple wall sticker that makes a light switch look like a robot with an 'on/off' switch.]




No comments:

Post a Comment