Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Tuesday 7th July





Worcester Cathedral in the evening, back in February.

I wonder, today...
...what 'pre-lockdown' images have stayed with you? (and, why?)


[Photo shows Worcester Cathedral, with a rainbow flag outside, in the evening]




For reflection and prayer today? - the responsory from evening prayer tonight:


Open my eyes, O Lord, that I may see the wonders of your law.
Open my eyes, O Lord, that I may see the wonders of your law.

Lead me in the path of your commandments
that I may see the wonders of your law.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Open my eyes, O Lord, that I may see the wonders of your law.





♫  The final 4 from the World Cup of Evensong Anthems (@TheEvensongCup on Twitter)

Two each from two very different time periods:


1920s:

Harris - Faire is the Heaven

Bainton - And I saw a new heaven


16th/17th century:

Purcell - Hear my prayer, O Lord

Parsons - Ave Maria




No comments:

Post a Comment