Featured Post

In the beginning was the Word...

What happens to community and church when most people can't gather together? With that sudden possibility recently, the idea of this bl...

Today the Church remembers Mary, Martha and Lazarus...


Mary, Martha and Lazarus...



Mary, who sat at Jesus' feet and listened to him:

♫  I heard the voice of Jesus say




Martha, who was eager to serve Jesus, and provide hospitality for him:

Matthew 25.35-40
Jesus said, 'I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” 

A passage to reflect on today?
Serving others doesn't always need grand gestures or great sacrifices. The 'little things', that don't necessarily seem much to us, are often some of the biggest ways we can serve others.




Lazarus, who Jesus raised from the dead:

The pandemic at the moment is making us all think, worry, and grieve...
A quick reminder of this link...How about lighting a virtual candle for a loved one?

Light a virtual candle for somebody


With that in mind, a tweet from Archbishop Justin Welby this week, in case it might speak to you at the moment:
The hardest bit of prayer is starting. So just start however you can – God will meet you where you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment